Monday, May 7, 2007

Goodbye stranger

When you say hello stranger
it hits like a dart.
i never realized how far together
we have grown apart.

If you sit on this bench with me
and listen for a memory,
i will stand in the rain with you
and taste the loss that's true.

So far from here
we each whispered
those things that no one else
was meant to hear.

Your not the same now .
I met once someone a lot like you my dear.
you used to be that someone
different than you are now.

Now its time to say goodbye i fear.
I've left my self and you in the last tear.
Goodbye stranger of mine.
that is so far but seems so near.

6 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Lovely work with rhyme. I suck at rhyme.

titto said...

Ploggy i felt it as a love break :(

titto said...

Longggggg break ?????

broadwaybabe said...

im here!!! alive!! in iowa where the corn grows tall. sorry i havnt been around i moved for the summer and just getting settled.

titto said...

@ploggy
ur back...!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

The first stanza enters wonderfully into the idea and the last one concludes as best as I think it could. Well written!