Tuesday, June 5, 2007

broken star

Can a broken star still shine?
will it glimmer and gleam for all time?
and can it lead me home tonight?

Can a worried bird still sing?
Will a guitar play with broken strings?
Who will take me home tonight?

Can a silent girl still pray?
Who will know what to say
if i don't come home tonight?

I feel so broken now.
but i danced on anyhow
I won't come home tonight.

Can a broken star still shine?
will it glimmer and gleam for all time?
and can it lead me through the night?

4 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I am sorry I haven't been by. This poem is perfect. It is unbelievably sublime.

titto said...

if hope is there broken star can still shine...
even though its broken its not destroyed

Princess Banter said...

That was brilliant!

Anonymous said...

This is good. I like.